Summer dress, winter weather

So I finally finished the McCall 5061 (vintage 1978) dress that I started in January. The end result is quite nice.

McCall's 5061

(It was 26 degrees F out when we took this picture, but I really wanted to have a daylight picture.)

Getting it to work took some doing. Between fitting and sewing up the dress and putting the finishing touches on it, I lost about 12 pounds. In the end, I had to add extra darts in the back. Once I’d done that, it meant I had to redo the bust darts. All this was after I had already sewed the buttonholes by hand because I still can’t find a replacement for my buttonhole foot.

Next time, I’m going to do more of a sway back adjustment and an FBA on a smaller size bodice.

So the fit ended up being a bit of a hack, but it’s completely wearable. Next time I wear it, it won’t be below freezing!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: